The Swan Valley School Division (SVSD) board of trustees held their regularly scheduled meeting Monday evening (April 10). In attendance were Chair Kelli Riehl, Trustees Donna Burghart, Sharla Haluschak, Vivian Rooks, William Schaffer, and Gary Wowchuk.
Also in attendance were SVSD Secretary-Treasurer Brent Rausch, Superintendent Tim Mendel, and Transportation Supervisor Doug Coulthart.
Trustees Stephen, Highmoor, and Evans were absent from the meeting.
A number of teaching contracts were signed and renewed for the 2017-18 school year, including:
• 1.0 FTE Term SVRSS Mechanics Teacher – Lyle Clouson;
• 1.0 FTE Term SVRSS Welding Teacher – Chris Goudy;
• 1.0 FTE Term SVRSS Enviro Science – Kari Goethe;
• 1.0 FTE Term ESRSS Grade 7/8 French Immersion – Chris Chmelowski;
• 1.0 FTE Permanent ESRSS Grade 4 French Immersion – Jennifer Markham;
• 0.5 FTE Permanent ESRSS Visual Arts – Corinne Stevens-Belanger;
• 1.0 FTE Permanent ESRSS Resource/Early Years – Leslie White; and,
• Bowsman School Principal – Paula Shevernoha.
All contracts are effective Sept. 5, and term positions are effective from Sept. 2017 to June 2018. Term positions listed are also subject to a Limited Teacher Permit from Manitoba Certification.